Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chinese Beef and Broccoli



I LOVE LOVE LOVE chinese food. Unfortunately, most is full of oil, grease and sugar. Anytime I can find a recipe worth making and still considerate of calories and fat, I must try it. This recipe, Beef and Broccoli is probably one of the first chinese dishes I have made that while it is no copycat of takeout chinese, it has enough similar flavor to feel like I am really indulging in something special.

I followed the recipe exactly on the ingredients, other than making one batch with large slices of onion. I have had it at restaurants with shredded carrot too, so definitely be creative. I used frozen broccoli florets and it worked perfectly. Fresh is always great, but sometimes you have to have easy too! Slice the beef as thin as possible, it will make all the difference if you are going for a "restaurant-like" dish. We served this with a side of white rice, but chinese noodles would have been great too.

I wish that I had taken more pictures of this recipe, but honestly, my brother and son liked it without onion, but my husband and I like it with onion, so I made two batches at once and got completely sidetracked on the photos! Forgive me, as this recipe is totally worth sharing and I am going to make it again this week with chicken, so I will share more photos, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment