Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole



Today, I felt like I hit the recipe jackpot! This recipe, Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole makes enough to serve at least 8-10 generous portions or enough for leftovers! Either way, it's a win-win situation! The flavors are perfect and you need only add a simple salad to have a super Sunday meal! My husband made homemade Mayfair dressing to serve over our salad and the whole meal tasted like we had eaten at a 5 star restaurant!



This recipe does require a little preparation. You will need to boil chicken, chop vegetables, cook rice and make cheese sauce, but it is sooo worth it! Of course, with the free time we all enjoy (he-he!), you could easily do some prep work in advance.



There isn't much I changed in the recipe, except for one major thing. The recipe calls for 2 cups each of white & wild rice. I did exactly as the recipe called for, and once it was done, I realized we would have had enough casserole to feed an army. So, when it was time to add the rice, I only added a little over half the amount called for. As you can see from the picture, the casserole basically filled the 9x13 dish. Another bonus is that, with less rice, the vegetables and meat really stand out and are so flavorful! And, if you are a carb counter, you will be extra grateful for fewer carbs!



I would be proud to serve this dish anywhere, anytime and to anyone! Just be sure to serve this casserole on your best china!

No comments:

Post a Comment