Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Best Guacamole Ever



Best Guacamole Ever truly tastes like guacamole you would find in Old Mexico...hot & spicy! The flavor is excellent, the recipe can be halved or doubled, the spices can be adjusted to your taste buds and one batch will certainly serve 6-8 people.

Personally, I like my guacamole a little less spicy, so I generally add sour cream to taste. In this case, I believe the sour cream could be added without compromising the taste or texture. Adding sour cream would also allow you to stretch the recipe to accommodate extra guests! For those of you who enjoy black olives as much as I do, garnishing the guacamole with them would only add to this dish!

As an aside, for years, I peeled the avocados, then cut the meat off the seed. Recently I read that if you cut completely around the avocado, pull it apart, remove the seed, then scoop out the meat with a spoon, you will save significant time & energy...and boy, did I!

You may also want to roll the lime on your counter with the palm of your hand. You will be able to squeeze far more juice from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment