Friday, May 31, 2013

Oven Roasted Sausages, Potatoes & Peppers



I'm not sure why I was in the mood for comfort food today. Perhaps because I woke up early or maybe the dark skies and heavy rains. Whatever the reason, I am so glad I found this recipe, Oven Roasted Sausages, Potatoes & Peppers on pinterest! The recipe was simply delicious! Fortunately, I had everything called for in this recipe, except the rosemary, so there were no trips to the store in the rain for this cook!

I used Johnsonville smoked brats for the meat, new red potatoes, red peppers, vidalia onions, plus the other ingredients listed. I did feel 3 Tbs. of creole seasoning was a bit much, so I only used 2 Tbs. and I substituted parsley flakes for the rosemary.

One of the great things about this recipe is that it can be easily adjusted to fit your tastes. If you have young children, you may want to go very lightly on the creole seasoning. You could also add some sliced carrots, corn or squash.



One word of caution...I simply quartered the new potatoes and that may have been too big. They did not cook through in 30 minutes, so I left the pan in the oven an extra 7 minutes. While the potatoes were just done, the peppers had begun to burn.

The aroma of this dish filled the whole kitchen and made it very difficult to wait patiently for the first bite! This recipe is definitely a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment