Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Biggest Loser Pancakes

It was a long holiday weekend, and I know we were negligent in posting. But, the good news is that I was cooking up a storm and have several great recipes to share with you this week!

These Biggest Loser Pancakes were a risky recipe to me. Seriously, do these ingredients seem like they would yield anything besides mush? I was not sure how it would end, but I was willing to give it a try as I have missed pancakes a lot since beginning this low carbohydrate diet.



My parents were in town this holiday weekend so I figured it was the perfect time to try out a low-carb, low sugar recipe. We slept in most of the weekend, so this ended up being more of a brunch than a breakfast. So after putting all of the ingredients in a food processor, I scooped out 1/4 cup of the batter into little circles and I must admit, I was still skeptical. Afterall, while it did look more like pancake batter at this point, the scoops of batter were tiny and the pancakes looked quite small compared to the giant cirles I am used to making. Fortunately, they did spread more as they heated and ended up yielding a decent sized pancake.



The final product definitely looked like a pancake, and the taste was pretty close to a fluffy pancake. The texture was more dense, but that is even true with oatmeal added to regular pancakes, as I often do for added fiber. The two year old thought they were great, while my discerning 11 year old wasn't as impressed. The adults all enjoyed them and were satisfied through the lunch hour. This is definitely a recipe to keep for a sweet craving on a weekend morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment