Monday, May 13, 2013

Huevos a la Mexicana



This Mexican egg recipe, Huevos a la Mexicana is perfect for a leisurely breakfast any day of the week! The flavors are light, so you don't walk away from the table feeling like you need an antacid to get through the day! If your children like vegetables, this dish is sure to please them as well. The recipe says it feeds 4-6. If you are feeding adults, I would only count on it feeding four, but could feed six, if children are in the count.

>

This recipe is not very time-consuming and vegetables could be chopped in advance. I thought the flavors were in perfect proportion. However, my husband, also my guinea pig, would have preferred slightly less cilantro. The smell of jalepenos, onion & tomatoes cooking filled the whole kitchen with a wonderful aroma.



As you can see from the pictures, I served this dish with a whole wheat English muffin & fresh fruit for a wonderful, healthy breakfast! Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment