Sunday, June 9, 2013

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies



I may have mentioned recently in another post that I am dieting...ummm, lifestyle changing. Dessert doesn't fit on a restricted carbohydrate diet. I am not even doing true low carb, but 120 carbs sure doesn't seem like much. Looking at dessert recipes, I could tell that flour was a big source of carbs behind sugar. Not wanting to deprive myself from a treat, I didn't want to lose out on the sugar! Knowing a few people that do a gluten-free diet, I knew there were recipes out there that touted flourless treats. This recipe, Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies was another recipe that made me scratch my head. Do these ingredients really yield a cookie that looks like my mom's christmas treat?





This recipe only calls for peanut butter, sugar, egg and baking soda. Yet the cookie really is like a real cookie! I made the recipe not like the small, fork-printed circles that one would picture a peanut butter cookie, but as a large, cookie cake. The reason? My son graduated 5th grade today and LOVES cookie cakes. So I turned this flourless experiment into a celebration cake with a little blue icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment