Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Healthy cheesecake? I knew I had to try this one, and quickly!!! Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake promises a rich dessert without the rich dessert calories. Obviously, this brought out the skeptic in me. I took a lot of pictures of this process and I was sure if this worked, it would be made often in this house!



The entire recipe is made in a food processor. How easy is that? I added all of the ingredients besides the lemon, pulsed a few times, then grated the lemon rind and squeezed in the juice.



The recipe has a recipe within it for the crust, or says use a pre-made crust. I did use a low fat premade crust, but I think I would make my own next time. I think that I could still make it low fat but probably taste even better.



This cheesecake is just like a real cheesecake, and painfully bakes for almost an hour. The anticipation was torture. While baking, it smells like a real cheesecake and fills the house with the scents of homemade goodness.



My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is that the cake does not come out of the pan neatly. Even chilled, the form is slightly softer than a real cheesecake. However, don't let the uneven removal fool you, this cheesecake is wonderful. I will definitely make it again, and possibly venture into other fruit flavors. I hope you give this one a chance for a future summer event!

No comments:

Post a Comment